Are you a fan of cold coffee but don’t know how to prepare the ideal cup at home? So, we’re here to guide you in creating a Cafe-style Cold Coffee recipe that you can enjoy with ice cream and chocolate syrup. Here’s how to make cold coffee easily at home, complete with step-by-step directions!
Although, it is very easy to make iced coffee at home but still replicating the exact taste and texture of the cafe seems challenging. Especially without a blender. The froth is the life of any cold-coffee, be it flavoured or classic. An electric beater makes the task of forming the foam simple.
In case you don’t have it at your ease and still want to drink home-made cold- coffee then don’t worry we have got your back!
This basic recipe for how to make cold coffee calls for only three ingredients, all of which are readily available at home.
Coffee: I used instant coffee for this recipe, but you could also use espresso shot or filter coffee decoction. Use 1/4 cup coffee decoction if using. The flavor of your cold coffee will be determined by the coffee you use, so choose one that you enjoy.
Milk: Full fat whole milk provides a creamy, rich coffee, but any milk will do. Using skim milk will dilute it somewhat. Nondairy milk alternatives include almond milk and oat milk.
Sugar: I used white sugar to sweeten the cold coffee. However, you can substitute your preferred sweetener.
Steps by steps recipe
- 1/4 cup milk, heated in a pan or microwave. Add 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons instant coffee to it. You may change the amount of coffee powder to taste as well as the strength of the coffee.
- 3 teaspoons of sugar (adjust to taste). You may adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less.
- Mix everything together with a spoon or a whisk. The coffee and sugar will dissolve quickly because the milk is hot.
- Your sweet coffee mixture is now ready to be blended. You may also use 1/4 cup of a strong filter coffee decoction or espresso shot right soon.
- Add 2 cups cold milk to your blender. I used full milk in this recipe. Add 3 to 4 ice cubes as well (optional).
- Fill the blender halfway with the prepared coffee-sugar mixture. You can add vanilla ice cream at this step if desired.
- Blend for a few seconds, or until everything is combined and the coffee is foamy.
- Transfer to glasses and serve right away. Pour some chocolate syrup into the cups and let alone for 15 minutes before adding the coffee. Because the foam may settle after a while, this is best savored right away, especially if you prefer foamy coffee.
Flavor your coffee
Many of us like flavored cold coffee. Add chocolate sauce, cocoa powder, choco-chip, hazelnut powder, vanilla essence, ice cream, or anything else you wish to improve the flavor of the cooled beverage. To have a cafe-styled cold coffee at home, just garnish the cold coffee with any of these or a mix of these.
Some tips and notes
- To taste, alter the amount of sugar. If you like a less sweet cold coffee, reduce the amount of sugar to 1 or 2 tablespoons. 4 tablespoons for a sweeter coffee
- If using vanilla ice cream in this recipe, reduce or eliminate the sugar.
- Whole milk produces a creamy cold coffee, but any milk, including dairy-free substitutes, can be used. Oat milk will work nicely in this case.
- Skip the ice cubes and replace them with vanilla ice cream for a richer coffee.